Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Whew!

Whew! We made it through last week and we are still here! It seems like the first few weeks of Spring have always been hectic around here. We have David's birthday on April 7th, Mike's on April 8th and Easter as annual events. Then there are usually several other events that demand time during those weeks, plus most years we manage to throw in a stomach virus, head lice or severe allergies, just for good measure. This year has been no exception.

I picked my parents up for a visit on Tuesday, and they got to experience life at full tilt last week. We had classroom visits, PTO meetings, bake sales, soccer games, head lice, two birthdays, tornadoes and a hailstorm. I kept telling them that it really wasn't normally like this, but I'm sure glad they were here to help out!

My mom and dad spent time cleaning up the back yard and it looks wonderful! Opa came and visited with Mike's science class one day and went to a soccer game with him. Mimi baked and glazed and weeded and planted and cleaned and combed. I don't think they got any rest the whole week.





Mike's big 12th birthday party was Saturday (following two soccer games, and before his "knighting" at church.) My parents always throw a big party for each grandchild's 12th birthday. Michael decided to have a Party Bus come to the house, which was just grand. They brought a bus with a DJ, dance floor, lights and music. We made some snacks and ordered pizza and just watched them have fun. Fairly stress free.

David took my parents home Sunday afternoon, and I'm hoping they get some rest before their next visit!

No comments:

What a Journey!

What a journey parenting is! I vaguely remember the years before we had children, but there were only about three of them, which is in the n...