Saturday, April 01, 2006

Honey-Do weekend


This weekend we are tackling a bunch of "honey-do's" around the house. The weather has warmed up enough for David and the boys to get back to work on installing the basketball pole. Lots of nuts and bolts and concrete and such. I try to stay clear other than occasional cheerleading.

Also, I finally got around to lining and loading up the new kitchen cabinet David installed. So now we all have to remember that the cups are in the new cabinet, the dishes are where the food used to be and the food is where the dishes used to be. All the glass serving pieces are in the dish cabinet, and the cabinet where they were is open until I figure out what to put in there. I still need to move things around on the counters, but I'm done in there for the day.



Out in the yard we've figured out we have lots of daylillies coming up, and another pink azalea bush. Seems like we find something new every day. I'm itching to put in some tomatoes soon, but April 15th is our last frost day, so I'll probably wait.

Last night I had Michael and Nicholas switch the couches around so now the blue sectional is in the living room and the purple couch is in the den with the rocking chairs. It's not just right, yet, but it is much better. It's going to be a hectic week next week with school events, soccer, and Mike and David's birthdays. Not much time for house stuff! I think I've been getting a bit overwhelmed or discouraged about getting everything done. Unpack, repair, heck, I'd be happy to just keep it really clean! It is all such a long process! Of course, I'm so thankful to be here, I'm really not too worried about it :o)

No comments:

What a Journey!

What a journey parenting is! I vaguely remember the years before we had children, but there were only about three of them, which is in the n...