Friday, April 10, 2009

Notes from the office-April 10, 2009

As an elementary school secretary I have lots of good stories to share. I'll try to start posting a few so you can get a view of life in the office.

This morning a student came in the office crying. When I asked her what had happened she told me she hit her nose another student's head. I asked her how his head was and she replied, "Hard!"

I also had a student come in during lunch and announce that he had a fever. I asked him why he thought he had a fever and his response was that he had gone swimming in the lake over the weekend and touched a fish and it made him sick. I told him I didn't think that would make him sick, so he told me that he also touched some fruit on a stick. I took his temperature and he was just fine. This was the same child who earlier in the year came in the office and told me that he was sick. I asked him how he knew and he told me that he "licked a nut."

Oh, and one final image for you. A child came in from PE and had a bump above his eye where he had been hit with a basketball. I was out of ice and alone in the office, so I grabbed the first thing I laid my hand on in the fridge and sent him back to class holding a pudding cup on his eye. Hey, it worked and I did call his mom and warn her that I had made him a pudding head.

No comments:

What a Journey!

What a journey parenting is! I vaguely remember the years before we had children, but there were only about three of them, which is in the n...