Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My New Year's Psalm

(Written almost a decade ago, but still the cry of my heart.)

You have made me to be so much more than I am
in holiness,
righteousness,
discipline
and love.

You have called me to be so much less than I am
in vanity,
idleness
and pride.

I cry out for you to empty me.
I thank you for filling me,
thrilling me,
loving me.

Oh, gracious, beloved, eternal Lord!
I am awed by your care of me,
grace so free,
on my knee I fall.

I struggle to walk while my soul yearns to run.
Dying flesh can be so heavy.

Victory is mine!
I will not lose the fight,
the way,
the faith.

Yes, Lord! Yes!
I'm forever yours.
Your plan is mine.
Obedience makes my path straight.

No comments:

What a Journey!

What a journey parenting is! I vaguely remember the years before we had children, but there were only about three of them, which is in the n...