Monday, June 22, 2009

Unexpected Changes

This fall will be the first time in 14 years that I will not be at McGavock Elementary. All three of my children have attended there and for the past three years I have been on staff as the secretary/bookkeeper. I assummed I would stay there at my neighborhood school for the next 20 or so years, but I was wrong in my assumptions.

The MNPS superintendent decided to "Fresh Start" several schools that were not progressing academically. Now, McGavock has been progressing very well, thank you very much. So well that our Principal is moving to Napier Elementary School, and I am going with her.

I am very sad to be leaving McGavock. Over the years it has become home and the staff and teachers are part of our extended family. I am sure that the move from my neighborhood school to an inter-city school is the right one for me at this time. It will be an adventure and calling that will definitely stretch me and all of the team that is signing up to be part of Team Napier. However, it is a very bittersweet time as well.

Someone asked me the other day if I was happy about the move. After thinking about it I don't think "happy" is the right word. I am excited, scared, energized and content, but it makes my heart ache to leave my McGavock family and my neighborhood cocoon.

Please pray as we go through this time of transition and ask the Lord to cover everyone effected with peace and vision for the future. And don't forget to volunteer at a school, wherever you may live.

No comments:

What a Journey!

What a journey parenting is! I vaguely remember the years before we had children, but there were only about three of them, which is in the n...