Monday, April 07, 2008

Birthday time

Whew! It is whirlwind birthday time. Our friend, Jeff, had his almost two weeks ago but we celebrated with a yummy chocolate cake yesterday. Today is David's birthday and I have a strawberry cake waiting for me to frost it. Tomorrow is Mike's birthday (14!) and he hasn't told me yet what kind of cake he wants.

Unfortunately I haven't done a very good job planning celebrations this year. All David wanted was to get our gas lamppost in the front yard working. I called Nashville Gas today and they assured me it was probably no big deal and they would come out and take care of it today. But, alas, I pulled into the driveway and it wasn't on.

Mike has been very low-key about his birthday. He has a soccer game tomorrow after school, then he wants to order dinner from Pizza Hut. He's not having any kind of party, either.

I feel like I should be doing a much better job of this birthday thing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!

What a Journey!

What a journey parenting is! I vaguely remember the years before we had children, but there were only about three of them, which is in the n...