Friday, November 10, 2006

Well, mostly fine...

So last Thursday Nicholas was home sick with a fever and lots of congestion. The Dr. put him on a 6 day course of antibiotics and he seemed to be doing better. Then by Wednesday of this week both he and Mike were feeling pretty puny, so off to see Dr. Kinney again. He put both of them on antibiotics and said no school until Friday.

David was off Wednsday and Thursday until around lunchtime, so it worked out for the boys to stay with him during the morning and then they were on their own for a couple of hours until Katie got home. I was going to take the afternoon off to be with them but they decided they'd rather be on their own. I figured I was only five minutes away and some brotherly bonding would be good. Besides, as Mike pointed out they felt too bad to argue with one another. Of course, I didn't really think that plan through. When I was talking to my principal I said, "Well, they will just be sitting around playing game cube all afternoon so if I went home I'd just be sitting with them and reading a book or something." Then I stopped and said, "Wait a minute, I think they really need me!" But, it was too late. She was onto me.

Mike felt better and went back to school today (Friday) but Nicholas is still having a bit of trouble shaking it, so I'm home with him. I went in to do payroll this morning and made it back in time for David to leave for work by 9:30. Whew! Please keep little Nich in your prayers. He isn't lethargic by any means, just crummy. I think he finally got rid of the fever this morning, but he's very congested. If he's not better by Monday, it's another trip to the Dr to try and figure out how to kick this thing.

I don't suppose all the insulation dust helped much, but thankfully it was the cellulose type. I'm not sure we would have attempted to do the fiberglass stuff ourself. That would have been quite a mess.

No comments:

What a Journey!

What a journey parenting is! I vaguely remember the years before we had children, but there were only about three of them, which is in the n...